Archive for December, 2010


Tuesday, December 28th, 2010

…would appear to be a good time for writing new songs.

Doubtful whether any of them will be finished, sanded down and polished enough for the Walthamstow gig on 20 January, but in the not too distant future watch our shows, or possibly the jukebox on this page, for any or all of “Drive On, Driver”, “Celebration Consternation”, “Goodbye, Charlie Potatoes”, “Awfultown”, “Barbecue” and “The Other Ronald True” — this last being a more than usually cheerful little ditty regarding a prostitute-murdering madman in 1920s London. Let nobody say that our songs don’t have a broad mainstream family appeal.

Our intention remains to make our First Proper Recordings in the very near future.

Walthamstow, reloaded

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010

We can now confirm that the Walthamstow gig that was nobbled by snow this month has been rebooked for 20th January 2011. Same venue (The Standard, Blackhorse Lane). Flyer and suchlike to follow shortly.

Let’s hope that the bloody weather co-operates this time (at the moment of writing, more snow is forecast within 24 hours…)

We’re also hoping to have some more gigs in early 2011 to announce quite soon.

Walthamstow gig tonight (2 Dec) **CANCELLED**

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010

Or as Ullan gloomily put it, “Donutsh defeated by icing!”

With 40% of the band snowbound, and with one of the other bands on the bill similarly nobbled by the weather, we’ve had to pull tonight’s gig.

We hope to have a replacement Walthamstow date announced within a few days.

Between snow and Icelandic volcanoes, this makes our second gig this year to have been cancelled by atmospheric conditions, and it’s getting rather tiresome…

Ah well, more famous musicians than us are also in a similar boat. Why is Britain the only country where it snows regularly that doesn’t have the faintest idea of how to deal with it?

Status of tonight’s gig

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010

Teetering in the balance due to the goddamn snow. Two out of the five of us live outside London and both are pretty badly affected by it. We may have to cancel; final decision on this will be made 2pm or so.

Wish us luck, people. We will be there if there’s any way at all for us to make it.